The major goal of Estevan Police Service is to provide the safest and crime free environment for its community. In order to provide our community with safe living, Estevan Police Service have developed a strategy plan based on specialized trainings, programs, active community relationships and extensive academic researches. Following these safety tip may reduce the chances of you becoming a victim of crime.
- Try not to walk alone when it is dark and stay away from isolated and quiet areas.
- Tell your family or friends where you are going and inform them once your reach your destination.
- Keep your cell phone with you all the time and fully charged.
- Be aware of your surrounding and report any suspicious or unusual behavior or activities.
- Do not share any personal information with strangers.
- Do not leave your drinks unattended at public bars.
- If you suspect you are being followed by walk do not hesitate to call Police and immediately go to some populated area. Take a thorough look and try to remember details such as height, approximate age and weight, hair color, color/type of clothing, direction of travel and foot wear.
- If you suspect you are being followed by another vehicle, take down the license plate number, model, color, and travel direction and last seen location and inform the Police when it's safe to do so.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good repair. Never operate your vehicle with little gas left. Tires should be inflated to recommended levels.
- Park in well-lit areas and in sight of other businesses, in case you have to return to your vehicle in the dark.
Neighborhood Watch and Commercial Property
- Be an active member of your community and know your surroundings.
- Watch for any suspicious persons or activity in your neighborhood.
- Report any vehicles passing by numerous times, suspiciously parked, or constantly traveling in back alleys.
- Observe any unattended mails.
- Have an updated security system installed at your private resident and commercial property.
- Ensure that the building, landscape, sidewalks, and parking areas are clean and well maintained.
- Do not leave any valuable materials on premises without being properly secure.
- Install professional commercial video surveillance covering entire property.
- Keep door locks and alarm system updated. Do not leave keys unattended.