SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER PROGRAM
The Estevan Police Service’s School Resource Officer program provides valuable resources to the Estevan Public Schools, Estevan Catholic Schools, and at times schools outside the City of Estevan in conjunction with the RCMP.
The officer is assigned to the 7 primary and secondary schools in Estevan.
The goals of this program are:
- To develop positive attitudes and relationships between youth and police;
- To engage and work cooperatively in partnership with school officials, staff, students, parents and the community;
- To proactively identify and address school concerns or problems;
- Preserve public safety and prevent crime;
- Conduct investigations and provide information on community safety issues;
- Provide a visible presence in the school and the community by participating in mediations, class presentations, and mentorship programs;
- Work in conjunction with other government and community-based organizations to support positive youth development and risk reduction;
- Schedule and facilitate mandatory practice lockdown drills; and
- Collaborate with community partners as part of the Community Threat Assessment Team regarding incidents related to Violent Threat Risk Prevention.