EPS members are investigating a copper theft from a local Estevan business. Three men, all from Edmonton, Alberta, have been arrested in connection with this theft.
Police received a report from a business on the weekend of suspicious activity around their property. This morning another local business called reporting a theft of copper. Police were able to review the circumstances and evidence from both calls and believe the two are connected.
The three men were arrested this afternoon trying to sell the stolen property (copper). Estevan patrol members and K9 member responded to a call and were able to take the three men into custody prior to them leaving that business.
Police continued to investigate last night and executed a search warrant on a local hotel. Further evidence to support the following offences was seized as part of that search.
Bryson Sorvisto (24 yrs); Martin Fontaine (59 yrs); and Earl Lanz (66 yrs) have been charged with the following offences:
- Theft under $5000 contrary to Section 334 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of stolen property contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of an instrument suitable for breaking into a place or vehicle contrary to Section 351 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Methamphetamine contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
Earl Lanz (66 yrs) has also been charged with the following offences:
- Trafficking Methamphetamine contrary to Section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of Methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Bryson Sorvisto (24 yrs) has also been charged for the following offence:
- While at large on a Release order did fail to comply with a condition of that order, contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code.